Yes, we we’re back at it today. Not everyone could make it, but there we’re 14 – 3D printers under construction today. A few folks even finished and got theirs printing. Some of us have missed possible work days so we are a bit behind, and next week I’m off to New Orleans for the NSTA STEM Forum and then my daughter’s graduation from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, so I’ll miss the next 2 work days.
Today featured lots of soldering:
And attaching pieces with allen wrenches and lock nuts:
Ironically, some of the parts we installed today we’re printed on a 3D printer – I placed the pliers in the shot for scale:
Which when assembled and attached to a motor became a new part:
Our progress today:
Lots of messy learning today … had to drill out a piece made from aluminum that was not quite big enough to accept a heater core … I can’t show pictures of how we did it … not a good example for safety, holding a piece in my hand while using a high speed hand drill to bore it out – took a half hour at least. A few parts that had to be uninstalled and then reinstalled to get everything to fit just right slowed things down as well.
More in a week or so.
Learning is messy!